FamilyLife Personal Assistant
||Local to Manchester
|Hours of work:
||Estimated: 8-16 hours per month during events season (Jan-Jun, Sep-Nov).
|Term of contract
||This is either a voluntary position or an hourly rate of £13 will be paid.
||FamilyLife North West Regional Coordinator
|Also works closely with:
||Events Administrator, Data Administrator and A Day Together (ADT) Events Assistant.
|Purpose:|| ||To work alongside the FamilyLife North West Regional Coordinator, by supporting them with the day to day running of the ministry, with administrative and secretarial work.|
Responsibilities of the role:
Currently, the FamilyLife North West region run around three ADT events per year. This number is growing, with the aim to run five events in 2020. The NW also run four Prayer/Network Suppers every year, two in Manchester and two in Liverpool. The aim is to also facilitate a Joint Prayer/Network Celebration once a year for all the region.
We also provide ‘Together’ Small Group Leader’s training twice a year and ADT Facilitator’s training once a year. These training sessions are offered to couples across the North West who are ‘Marriage Champions’ and want to join this movement in order to continue the ripple effect of helping strengthen and transform relationships.
Each of our various events require planning, preparation and detailed administration. The events also create data which needs to be entered into either spreadsheets or databases. Our effectiveness is tracked and communicated through the production of pre-defined event reports. These two activities form the major part of the responsibilities of the FamilyLife Data Administrator working closely with the PA, Regional Coordinator and ADT Events Assistant.
- Attend team meetings and staff conferences (scope of this to be agreed).
- Perform other work related duties as assigned.
You are a person who has a heart for God and for seeing His Great Commission fulfilled. You eagerly desire to serve others. As a disciple of Christ, you have a teachable spirit. You have a desire to continue growing in your relationship with Christ and see working with Agapé as part of that.
Essential Skills and Experience
- You will have excellent written and oral communication skills
- You will have good organisation and time management skills
- You will have excellent interpersonal skills.
- You will have proven experience and excellent word processing and IT skills, including knowledge of a range of software packages (including using Microsoft Excel).
- You will have the ability to enter data accurately and efficiently.
- You will have the desire and ability to 'build a picture of what is happening' using data analysis.
- You will be able to work without supervision.
- You will have the flexibility and adaptability to juggle a range of different tasks and meet deadlines.
- You will have the ability to work on your own initiative and be able to work at home and at the office.
- You will have discretion and an understanding of confidentiality issues.
- Ability to design and use spreadsheets and graphs in Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to use Mailchimp.
- Ability to use and give input to database design.
In accordance with Agapé’s Justifiability and Diversity policies, this post has been identified as having an Occupational Requirement for the successful candidate to be a Christian, supporting the aims and ethos of the organisation. Further details available on request.
Closing date is 27 September 2019