||Agapé UK HQ, Birmingham
|Hours of work:
||9am - 5pm, Monday - Friday (may involve evenings and weekends)
||25 days plus Bank Holidays
||Funded via Personal Support (full training on how to do this will be given)
|Also works closely with:
||HR Director, Training & Development Director, other members of the Capacity team
|Purpose:|| ||To work alongside other members of the HR team to equip and enable people to do what God has called them to do, and to help Agapé play its part in fulfilling the Great Commission.|
- Respond to general enquiries about staff positions, vacancies etc.
- Send out information about Agapé and staff opportunities. Liaise with staff as appropriate.
- Keep recruitment information pack updated; produce copies when necessary.
- Prepare application packs ensuring information is accurate and updated
- In consultation with the HR Manager, administrate screening and selection of new staff applicants
- Send out application packs
- Communicate with applicant
- Send for references
- Set up interviews, evaluations and evaluation team meetings
- Participate in interviews
Where needed give administrative support to new staff training conferences and Support Discovery training weekend.
- Book venues ahead of time
- Liaise with centre over conference requirements
- Communicate with participants & staff involved
- Produce conference materials
- Work with Conference Director to ensure smooth-running of the conference
As requested by the HR Manager includes:
- Manage new staff and leaving checklists
- Keep staff records updated
- Terms & Conditions of Employment
- Maintain filing system
- Operate and maintain specialist database and producing reports as required
- Produce visa letters of invitation as needed
- Keep the HR Administrator Handbook, Understanding Agapé Manuals, and Office Induction Handbook up-to-date
- Produce letters confirming employment details for staff as required
- Attending team meetings, office prayer meetings, annual conferences, training events, and departmental meetings
- Participate fully in the Staff Development Cycle
- Involvement and training in field ministry
- Maintaining relationship with personal supporters through regular prayer/newsletters and visits
The position may also include day release to study for either the Certificate in Personnel Practice, or the full CIPD qualification.
In accordance with Agapé’s Justifiability and Diversity policies, this post has been identified as having a Genuine Occupational Requirement for the successful candidate to be a Christian supporting the aims and ethos of the organisation. Further details available on request.
You are a person who has a heart for God and for seeing His great commission fulfilled. You eagerly desire to serve others. As a disciple of Christ, you have a teachable spirit. You have a desire to continue growing in your relationship with Christ and see working with Agapé as part of that.
Two of your key skills are communication and efficiency. Your warm, friendly but professional manner will be evident as you interact with telephone and personal callers, whether they be staff or telephone enquiries from the general public. You have a good standard of written English and are clear and confident in your communication on all levels.
You will have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (or equivalent) and be comfortable in using its various functions. Applicants should be fully conversant with ‘Microsoft Word’ and e-mail; experience of ‘Access’, ‘Publisher’ and ‘Excel’ would be a distinct advantage. Similarly, experience of data input and the use of databases would be particularly desirable.
Your ability to prioritise work and cope with both busy and occasional quiet periods is an important characteristic. You maintain your peace, calm and efficiency during the peak times of activity in the office, but also possess the self-motivation when the office is emptier. You are self-motivated and your attention to detail is essential and is well proven.
You possess the equivalent of at least two ‘A’ Levels, but a graduate would be desirable. Experience of working in an administrative position would be an advantage, but is not essential.
You may have been involved with Agapé, or be aware of some of the ministries we are involved in. You are certainly aware of other Christian ministries through your active involvement in your own local church.
You enjoy being a team player and we’re looking forward to working with you as you accomplish this vital role.