The Global Aid Network UK (GAiN UK) is the humanitarian aid partner of Agapé UK, dedicated to bringing hope and tangible help to those facing poverty and crisis. We seek to restore life and reveal hope through relief and development projects around the world.
Responding to disasters and relief situations around the world is made possible through resource bases which extend our compassionate reach around the globe. These bases are collection points for aid which we can then distribute to wherever there is need.
Your donations of nappies, clothes and supplies will have a genuine impact on the lives of refugees from Afghanistan, Yemen, Syria and many other countries in crisis. These donations will continue to meet an on-going need as new arrivals continue to enter Greece’s hotspot camps. As soon as we have collected enough relief supplies to fill one transport we ship it off and then gear up to fill the next one.
How can you be involved?
There are a number of ways in which you can help the refugee relief appeal:
- donating goods (nappies, tents, sleeping bags, clothes)
- mobilise your community to collect donations
- organising a collection appeal
There are so many things that refugees are desperately in need of, but right now our main focus for this appeal is collecting nappies. Nappies are such a practical thing that many refugees shouldn’t have to live without. We are aiming to send enough to provide for the whole camp for one month, that’s 30,000 nappies in total! That’s a lot of nappies, but you’d be surprised how quickly the numbers add up when people enlist the help of their local communities. (Sizes 4 and 5 are needed the most.)
Organising a collection
- Find a place that people can drop off the donations and where you can store them before sending to us.
- Set the time and dates for items to get dropped off
- Let us know what you are planning so we can support you – email@example.com
- Spread the word and let people know when and where they can drop off their donations. We can provide you with a customised leaflet with the details for your local collection, just like this one.
- Perhaps you can host a sorting and packing session as a way to involve more people in a hands on way using this handy guide.
- If you can, drop them to our offices in central Birmingham or contact us to arrange a date for collection.
What can you donate?
- Sleeping bags
- Appropriate clothing
Host a packing session!
If you want to get even more involved, you can host your very own packing session!
This would be hugely helpful to those receiving the donations in Greece. It is also a great way to get everyone involved in giving their time to sorting and packing. Plus you will have a great sense of satisfaction to help in such a practical way with others in your community!
Your donations and efforts to mobilise others to be part of this appeal are vitally important!
Please let us know what you are planning and we can arrange to come and pick up your collections. For smaller donations you can send items in a parcel to our office address (GAiN UK, ℅ Agapé UK, 167 Newhall Street, Birmingham, B3 1SW). You can drop them off or give us a call (0121 765 4404) and we can arrange a collection. Thank you for making a real difference!
In the UK, GAiN UK is working to involve students, professionals and families in finding ways to respond with humility and generosity to the broken and hurting world we live in.
If you would like to know more about the work of GAiN UK and how you can become involved please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.